Wednesday, June 6, 2012

29 WEEKS PREGNANT!

I am 29 weeks and 5 days pregnant today! Yes, I am very late posting this blog as I am almost 30 weeks pregnant. It's been a very busy week for me though. Two very exciting things happened this week...I had my first baby shower Saturday and we had our 4D ultrasound on Monday! The shower turned out great. My friend Blair did a wonderful job. The shower was held in the Albertville First Baptist Tea Room (my old church) and it was a Peter Rabbit themed shower (like the nursery).

















 The 4D ultrasound went great! My doctor's visit DID NOT! We got some good shots of Levi. He slept most of the time but we had a clear view of his face at least. He kept opening and closing his mouth and we joke that it's because I ate banana pudding before the ultrasound haha. He also smiled once for us which was really sweet. He looked very peaceful and happy in there too which made me feel good. Just like when we had our 20 week ultrasound the nurse says Levi is huge. Not only is he a big baby, he is bigger than most "big babies". He is in the 97-98the percentile for his size. He should weigh about 2.5 pounds right now and he weight over 4 pounds. He had chubby little cheeks and a big round belly. When the doc came in he was a little concerned. If you read some of my other blogs you know that I barely passed the diabetes test...well this time they found sugar in my urine and my weight has shot up and Levi is twice the size he should be. These are all signs of gestational diabetes. The doc says he thinks I have a glucose tolerance problem (even though I passed the test). He told me to lay off sugar and carbohydrates and to even stay away from fruit and they are going to be monitoring Levi's size. He said they aren't going to make any decisions before I am 36 weeks though. I have no idea if they will want to induce early or what. Guess we will find out. The doctor told me that I've gained too much weight since my last visit which really upset me. Usually I get a lot heck about being too small and now I'm being told I gained too much weight?!!! Not easy for any woman to hear! I hope to go in to labor on my own. I don't want to be induced and I don't want a c-section so it's time for some prayers.

Here is a picture from 29 weeks...I'm going to cheat and use the pic from my shower. I am bad sick with the sinus crud right so I don't want to take a pic of me in my PJs with no makeup and a red stuffy nose haha! P.S. my face looks much fatter in my shower pics than in person. Just wanted to be clear on that lol.







0 comments:

Post a Comment