Wednesday, February 8, 2012

GOD HEALS! (Our battle with infertility)

After many months doctors visits, blood work, pills, ovulations tests, painful procedures, prayers, and hope we FINALLY CONCEIVED! We had been trying for a baby for months and keeping the whole thing a secret. We didn't tell our families that we were trying because we wanted them to be surprised when I finally got pregnant. Little did we know we would have so much trouble. In November 2011 I was so depressed and discourage with our problems that I finally broke down and called my mom. I needed her support more that ever so I finally filled her in on everything. I told her that I felt like God was angry with me and that he was punishing me. I had fallen lower in my faith than ever before. Mom immediately began to minister to me and reminded me that God loves me and that he longs to fufill the desires of my heart. I still wasn't convinced so she came to visit me the weekend before Thanksgiving and it took that whole weekend for her to convince me that God still loved me and that he wanted to bless us with a child. She gave me a book called Supernatural Child Birth. It's a Christian book for women with fertility problems. Before Mom left my house that weekend she and the rest of my family laid hands on me and prayed over me. Mom looked at me as she was walking out the door and said "Kelly, when you come to visit me for Christmas, you are going to have big news!" I told her not to get her hopes up but she insisted that God had healed me and I would be pregnant by Christmas. I began reading the book she gave me and it changed my whole outlook. I was quickly reminded that God forgives and he heals and that he is full of mercy. My favorite verse that I discovered was Psalm 113:9: "He maketh the barren woman to keep house, and to be a joyful mother of children. Praise ye the LORD." I learned more about faith and prayer within the next few weeks than I had ever learned before! Then on December 5 (not even a month later) I stopped at Target on my way home from work and picked up an early result pregnancy test. The same test pregnancy I had taken over and over for months, The same test that always gave me the same heartbreaking result. The same one that would always leave me crushed and crying in my batheroom but this time it was different! This time it was POSITIVE! When I looked at the test there was a faint second pink line! It was as if I had seen God himself! I was in shock and disbelief! God allowed me to conceive and just in time for Christmas! My mom was right and her faith paid off because on Christmas of 2011 I showed up at her house and changed her life forever when I told her she was going to be a grandma! I wanted this testimony to be my first post on this blog because Jesus deserves praise and glory for this! I am proof that faith and prayer works. If you are struggling with faith and prayer then start by asking God to strengthen your faith and teach you how to pray. That's what I had to do. Sometimes we have to take baby steps. God bless!

2 comments:

Lady Noelle said...

yes God did so happy for yall

Unknown said...

God bless you. And your family. That post has given me new faith again.

Post a Comment